Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The other day, I was just sitting around and I decided I wanted to bake something. At first I was going to bake gingerbread. But then I decided I didn't want to. So I looked and looked through a bunch of cookbooks, and finally came across a recipe for Dutch seed cookies. I had eaten them before and really liked them. Here is the book I got the recipe from, and cookies!

   



Small Seed Cakes 
Makes 4 dozen 
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter 
                    1 cup sugar
                    2 eggs 
                    2 cups flour 
                    1 tablespoon caraway seed 
                     (bruised with in a mortar with a pestle)
Cream the butter with the sugar. Add eggs one by one and incorporate thoroughly. Add seeds and flour a little at a time, stir well. Use two teaspoons to shape the cookies about the size of a nutmeg and place them on a buttered baking sheet . Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the rims are browned. 









                                                  www.123rf.com


                                                                                            




No comments:

Post a Comment